Sunday, August 25, 2013

DIY Faux Roman Blind


Hi! Hope you had a great weekend!!!

Today I'll be showing you how I made a Faux Roman Blind.


I had 2 eyelet curtains from our previous home. I used the 1 to reupholster our coffee table. The other 1 came in handy when I wanted to make a blind/valance for the dining room window. 

Let's get started...

 

I spread the curtain on the dining room table. My husband measured the holes in the wall and put some screws into the wooden plank - what a sweetie! 


I cut off the eyelets to just use the fabric. It was super easy to use, because the seams were already there. My kind of project ;-)


Measure the window. Mark and cut the fabric to the window's measurements, leave quite a bit for seam allowance.

 

I used the staple gun to secure the one end of the fabric to the wooden plank. I left the screws in the plank so that it won't be visible from the front.


 I secured the fabric to the rest of the top of the plank. I folded the corners in and stapled it secured. I didn't really care to do it neatly as this side will face the wall...


Next I 'seamed' the left and right side of the blind. I used the existing seam as a guideline. I used Bostik's No-Sew Glue, it's so easy to use. I just put a little on, wait a few minutes and 'seam' the fabric.  I did the same with the bottom seam.


And that's how easy it is to make your own faux roman blind!!



Enjoy your week!!

Follow on Bloglovin  
** Linking up at these parties & @ Watch Out Martha & at this  party  @Clean & Scentsible **

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting such a great blog. I found your website perfect for my needs. Read About Roller Blinds

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...