Sunday, August 4, 2013

Bucket Makeover with ChalkPaint


Hello!

Today I want to share a SUPER easy makeover that I did a while back.


I got these IKEA buckets (they call it vases!?) while we were living in NYC for 3 months at the beginning of the year. I know, exciting, right? As we don't have a IKEA in South Africa I was STOKED to visit. I was the crazy lady with my two buckets on the plane back. I like to buy home goods to remember our travels by, it now is a constant reminder of our time in the City That Never Sleeps. 


When I first got the buckets I thought it will look good in my very RED kitchen (to store vegetables or whatever..), but when we got home the color was more like coral/orange-y, so I decided to paint it. With my new Annie Sloan ChalkPaint which I'm in love with!

I used Duck Egg Blue which is a perfect match for my red kitchen and I've painted several items with it (which I'll still share). I slapped the paint right onto the metal (no primer or anything!!) and it was covered after two coats - one coat would probably do, but I like the texture if you add a second coat.



And the final beautiful buckets:

Ain't it pretty?

I'll leave you with a picture of their new home on my DIY cabinet which got a makeover..



Have YOU ever painted any other materials with ChalkPaint?

See you soon!!

        
Follow on Bloglovin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...